Open Space/Environmental Preservation
- Co-chaired a task force establishing a $100 million-dollar county open space program.
- Fought to ensure state protection of the 35-mile Unami Watershed located in Bucks, Lehigh, and Montgomery Counties.
- Established joint regional zoning planning for the following municipalities located in the Upper Perkiomen Valley (northern Montgomery County): Marlborough and Upper Hanover Townships; East Greenville, Green Lane, Pennsburg, and Red Hill Boroughs.
- Led the “Voyage of Rediscovery” of the Schuylkill River Greenway.
- Co-founded the Montgomery County Lands Trust.
- Led a township, county, and state effort to remove 800,000 abandoned tires from a local dump.
- Sponsored an increase of $600,000 in county funds to preserve farms in Montgomery County.
Health and Human Services
- Increased funding for county health programs to fight infant mortality.
- Sponsored a countywide Healthy Baby Conference.
- Sponsored funding for the Lansdale Community Health Service Center.
- Initiated a successful state effort to increase funding for developmentally disabled adults living at home without services.
- Established a county respite program providing short-term respite care at county facilities (to help older caregivers with disabled family members living at home).
- Initiated a countywide free gun trigger-lock safety program.
- Increased staffing for the 911 Emergency Center.
- Sponsored expansion of the Fire Training Academy.
- Established a program to honor Korean War Veterans in the public schools of Montgomery County.
- Authored regulations requiring golf courses participating in the Act 515 Open Space Program to ban discrimination based on gender, religion, or ethnicity by private or public clubs.
- Sponsored a county revitalization program to rebuild older towns and boroughs in Montgomery County.