Celebrating Reunion Weekend
at Middlebury College
For more than a decade, I have worked diligently to gain substantial knowledge and skills in the field of marketing communications management. Developing a strong foundation in marketing theory and practice, direct exposure to the business processes of key industries, and technical training were all invaluable to the launching of Kimberwerk. I believe my broad experience and significant investment in education is reflected in the quality of my work.
Here is a list of my degrees, certificates, computer skills, professional licenses, and volunteer training, with links to the granting institutions (where available):
Master of Business Administration
Served as Graduate Assistant. Strong quantitative background.
Marketing emphasis: Consumer Behavior, Marketing Communications Management, Marketing Principles, Research Methodology in Marketing, Strategic Management of Marketing, Entrepreneurship.
Certificate in Marketing Communications
Nine-course certificate program co-sponsored by Villanova University, the American Marketing Association, and the Business Marketing Association.
- Advertising Agency Management
- Advertising Print Production
- Creativity and Advertising
- Direct Marketing/Promotions
- Effective Writing
- Marketing and Communications Research
- Presentation Techniques
- Public Relations
- Writing for the Media
Certificate in Fundamentals of Fund Raising: Professional Development for Fund Raisers
Completed twelve-week certificate program co-sponsored by Villanova University and the *National Society of Fund Raising Executives (NSFRE), Greater Philadelphia Chapter.
*In January 2001, NSFRE was renamed the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
Bachelor of Arts
Major: German (Honors)
Minor: Industrial Development
Emphasis on foreign languages, the humanities, and the social sciences. Semester abroad at the Middlebury School in Germany (Mainz). Attended Middlebury College German Summer School in preparation for study abroad.
Courses in Web Development
Elected to Phi Theta Kappa.
Related computer courses: Computer Graphics I, Desktop Design, Digital Imaging, The Internet, Introduction to Computer Science, PC Applications on a Network, Object-Oriented Programming in C++, Object-Oriented Programming in Java, Typography, Windows NT 4.0 Administration and Support.
Certificate: Teaching Excellence in Higher Education
Designed to enhance the teaching skills of full- and part-time faculty, this program featured the following modules:
- How Learning Takes Place
- Curriculum Construction
- Classroom Management I & II
- Student Assessment Techniques
- The Law and Higher Education
- The Myers-Brigg Type Indicator
- Critical Thinking
- Writing Across the Curriculum
- Educational Technologies
- Personal Computer skills:
Graphics software: Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, PageMaker, Photoshop, Premiere; Macromedia Freehand.
Office software: Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word), Windows.
Programming languages: HTML. Some knowledge of DHTML, Java 2, C++, Oracle, SQL, and Visual Basic.
Attended the following classes: Series 7 Exam Prep, Orientation to the Futures Market, Options Strategies: Equities.
Completed the following courses: Principles of Real Estate, Real Estate Finance.
Professional licenses attained (now inactive):
- West Virginia Real Estate License
- Series 3: National Commodities Futures
- Series 7: General Securities Registered Representative
- Series 63: Uniform Securities Agent State Law Exam
Completed the Master Gardener Volunteer and Master Composter Volunteer training programs.
- Volunteer editor and graphic designer of The Seed Leaf, the Montgomery County Master Gardeners’ newsletter.
- Served as judge at the 1997 Montgomery County 4-H Fair in the Home Gardening (Flowers) category; co-presented a demonstration on container gardening.
- Launched the Montgomery County Master Composters’ newsletter, The Earthworm. Served as editor, columnist, and graphic designer for two years.
- Staffed Master Gardeners’ and Recycling Education Program’s display booths at community events: Aqua Fair, 4-H Fair, Marlborough Township Environmental Awareness Day (Montgomery County, Pennsylvania).
Copyright ©2001-2009 Kimberly A. Haymans-Geisler
Last Update: December 11, 2008